Dear Valued Trail’s End Customer,
We are extremely dedicated to food safety and quality at Trail’s End.
We want to make you aware that we’ve received notice from one of our suppliers, Palmer Candy Company, that it has voluntarily recalled a limited amount of Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch 18 oz. product that it produced for Trail’s End.
Please refer to the recall notice issued by Palmer that identifies the following product that is subject to recall:
|Barcode #||Affected Item||Expiration Range|
|X000FMRA8J||Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch 18 oz.||7/29/2017 – 8/8/2017|
Please note that the affected product may be contained within unopened cases of Trail’s End product. These cases can be identified as follows:
- Cases of 18oz. Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch containing color printed bags with an expiration date within the range identified above.
Please rest assured that we have been diligently investigating this issue since we became aware of Palmer’s recall. Further, we would like to stress we have no knowledge of any instances of illness related to the product subject to Palmer’s recall, and product testing by Palmer and Weaver produced no positive findings of Salmonella.
We would ask that you, our valued customers:
- Cease consuming the affected product; and
- Cease shipping the affected product to your consumers; and
- Isolate or segregate any inventory of the affected product; and
- Contact your Trail’s End sales representative to coordinate pickup of all the affected inventory; and
- Conduct training with your office staff at the earliest opportunity to:
Again, we take food safety and quality very seriously at Trail’s End and are sorry for this issue. We will have an update for you in the very near future. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
For more information on the 2016 Popcorn Sale please click on the information below. Please direct any questions to your District Executive.