2018 Lodge Leadership Development Training Event
Register at Longhouse.Tentatroo.com
Guest Speaker will be John Annable, President and CEO of Karate John's, Inc. Annable, an 8th Degree Black Belt, and Hanshi as of 2018, is a member of the Modern Kenpo Karate Association and the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation. Awarded USJJF Coach of the Year 2011. Hanshi began training in his late teens. He was asked to teach a class at the local YMCA in 2002. He earned the nickname "Karate John" while teaching there. The classes soon outgrew the space and in 2004 he decided to leave his two jobs and follow his passion of teaching martial arts. He opened Karate John's in the fall of 2004. Mr. Annable is an experienced CEO in the health, wellness and fitness industry. He is skilled in management and business development. He served as President of the Cicero Chamber Commerce and is a Partner in Education with local schools, helping to raise thousands of dollars. More recently, many may know John and his studio for their involvement volunteering at community events and supporting cancer research. At the October 2018 event, “Kicking it with Kaylee” more then $13,000 was raised. Hanshi is married and the father of 3 and grandfather of 3. Mr. Annable will speak on leadership, personal growth and his story on following his dream and finding his best path to what is important to making him happy.
Don't Fall Behind!
Please Pay Your Lowanne Nimat Lodge 2019 Dues
Please stay in good standing with Lowanne Nimat Lodge and pay your dues today! Just $15 keeps you informed and invited to all eligible Lodge activities.
Registration Form may be found here: 2019 Lowanne Nimat Dues
Lowanne Nimat Completes Fall Ordeal, elects new Lodge Executive Committee Officers
Lowanne Nimat Lodge completed a very wet Fall Ordeal but accomplished a great deal. Projects included:
• Built a second Gaga Ball pit
• Built three Tetherball courts
• Finished a bouldering complex
• Replaced the fence post line on the ranges
• Started a new fence post line in front of Stickley
• We split firewood for all the cabins
• Re-organized Owens Hall for winterization
• Prepared Camp for winter
• Emptied the old paint shed
• Cleaned out the old shed at the ranger's cabin
• Cleaned up the entrance into camp including removal of rotten trees
A lodge meeting was held and new officers elected. Congratulations to the following 2018-19 officers:
Lodge Chief Nic Stevens
Vice Chief of Camping Kyle Petersen
Vice Chief of Membership Greg Fey
Vice Chief of Communications Matthew Stevens
Vice Chief of Finance James Wheller
“Firm Bound In Brotherhood” – Lowanne Nimat Lodge History Released
The Lowanne Nimat Lodge History has been completed and filed with the National Order lowanne-nimat-lodge-history-web_page_01of the Arrow in Irving, Texas. It contains some interesting facts that you may not have known, for instance:
- We are a product of seven other legacy Lodges;
- OA Co-Founder Carroll Edson retired in Syracuse, became a member of Onondaga Lodge and even volunteered his time with local Scouts, some of whom are members of the Lodge today. He is just the second recipient of the Distinguished Service Award and is listed as from “Syracuse, NY” in the National OA History;
- We once had a Lodge Flap so scandalous it was rejected by the Supreme Chief of the Fire but went into production anyways! Find out why in “Firm Bound In Brotherhood: The History of Lowanne Nimat Lodge.”
Download your own copy in PDF
Lowanne Nimat Lodge History
Formally printed and bound copies available soon.
Bylaws were approved by the general membership at the Spring 2015 Ordeal. You may download a copy here: Lowanne Nimat Bylaws
For information on other upcoming lodge events, please visit the OA calendar.