After years of discussion, a Council Resource Fee was unanimously approved at our September Board Meeting. The program which will begin with our 2017 re-charters was rolled out at our Council Coordinated Forum on Monday October 24th. Ahead of that meeting we held a briefing with the District Key 3 Leadership on Thursday October 20th. Attached is the information that has been shared with our scouting family. Please review the information as it is very well presented and will answer a lot of questions you may have.
****Waiver Form Now Available ****
Thank you for your time and consideration to this important matter.
The Silver Beaver is a national award presented by the Longhouse Council. It is the highest honor that can be bestowed on a volunteer leader by a local council.
The Silver Beaver is awarded for noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by a registered scouter within the territory under the jurisdiction of a local council.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Monday, APRIL 17, 2017 – nominations must be received at the Council Service Center by close of business on 4/17!
Please use only the NEW nomination form at http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-103_WB.pdf. (Note the underscore between 103 and WB.)
Scouters selected to receive the Silver Beaver in 2017 will be honored at the Council Annual Meeting at Camp Woodland on Wednesday, June 14, 2017.
What is it?
• Saturday night “Camp In” at the M.O.S.T.
• WEBELOS and Arrow of Light with adult leaders only due to space limitations
• The MOST Staff will provide activities which include many of the requirements for the Scientist
WEBELOS and Arrow of Light Activity Badge.
• Includes a planetarium presentation, museum exhibits, limited edition souvenir patch, evening snack
And light breakfast
Museum of Science & Technology
500 South Franklin Street, Syracuse
Saturday – January 7th, 2017
Saturday – January 14th, 2017
Saturday – February 4th, 2017
Registration Begins 11/15/2016 (watch Council Website for registration forms on 11/15/16)
• $38.00 per boy (includes Event Patch)
• $28.00 per adult
****** Note: Due to space limitations one adult per five boys is preferred*******
The Longhouse Council’s Camp Card program is designed to help a Scout Unit earn $5 for every $10 card sold. The program helps Units to purchase needed equipment and assist with financial assistance.
New this year, when you purchase a SaveAround Camp Card, the purchaser automatically receives a Savings Pass Number, giving them access to hundreds of nationally recognized vendors with even more savings!
The Longhouse Council’s SaveAround Camp Card and SaveAround Perks offer hundreds in savings at area and national dining, fast food, sports, and service merchants. Coupons are valid January 2017 through December 31, 2017 unless specifically noted.
- The top performing Unit that sells the most cards will be treated to a pizza party after the conclusion of the campaign.
- The top performing Scout that sells the most cards will be entitled to a complimentary campership for either Camp Woodland or Sabattis Scout Reservation.
- For Unit Leaders, during the first 5 weeks of the campaign, a drawing will be held each week for a $25 Save Around book to be given to a Unit Leader whose Unit is participating in the campaign.
PROGRAM ENDS MAY 31, 2017
The Longhouse Council, BSA has a variety of Council FOS patches from previous years that are available for purchase. Please use the order form below and either bring it to the Longhouse Council office or mail it in with a check, and we can ship the patches to you. Price per patch is $5 each and is on a first come, first serve basis. Proceeds from the sale will be used for youth development programming and operating expenses provided by the Longhouse Council