Named after Mitchell Sabattis, our camp offers the premier wilderness camping experience in the northeast United States, situated on 2,000 acres in the central Adirondack Park. Sabattis Scout Reservation is a traditional full-featured patrol cooking camp with immediate access to 6,000,000+ acres of state land for hiking and canoeing, fully accredited by the NYS Department of Health and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Review the 2020 Resident Camp Brochure
- Unit Reservation Form for 2020 Summer Camping
- Glossary of Common Terms & Places (Speak the Sabattis Language!)
- Download the current Annual Health and Medical Record
(NEW VERSION FOR 2020!)
- Click on the Instructions/Download link in the "Are You Going to Camp?" section
- Don't forget the H1 Supplemental Medication Permission Form
(NY State Requirement)!
Want More Than A Week of Camp? Join us on Staff!
James “Marmaduke” Seton Trek Center
The James “Marmaduke” Seton Trek Center, located at Sabattis Scout Reservation, offers true high adventure opportunities. We are ready to fully equip your canoe or backpacking trip with canoes, tents, PFD’s, food, guides, and stoves/fuel. If high adventure is calling your older Scouts, let them answer it at the Seton Trek Center.
- Please email email@example.com for more information on Trek opportunities.
Program Opportunities at Sabattis
Quality Merit Badge Programming is only one small part of the Sabattis Scout Reservation experience. We also offer a number of Outpost Programming opportunities. During your stay at our camp, take a canoe trip down Low’s Lake to Hitchen’s Pond, climb the breathtaking Graves Mountain, Low’s Ridge or Lookout Mountain or load your entire troop into our canoes for an afternoon and evening of fun and excitement on any of our three islands on Low’s Lake for an overnight your troop or crew won’t soon forget.
Sabattis has its own fleet of mountain bikes, our popular Challenge Valley where you’ll work on team building and get DIRTY, and loads of opportunities for your troop or crew to design their own programs for your week at camp. And, there’s a whole lot more! These programs are of interest to your younger and older Scouts alike. Don’t miss out on these incredible programs which are often the highlights of a Scout’s stay in camp!
- Updated Merit Badge Schedule for 2020 (updated 3/26/20)
- Afternoon and Evening Program Elements for 2020
Sabattis Gold Adventure
Whether you’re a new Scout in a Troop or a veteran camper, the Sabattis Gold Adventure has a program for you! This all-inclusive, provisional program allows an individual Scout the opportunity to spend a week at Sabattis Scout Reservation under volunteer leadership from across the council and complete a program in basic Scout skills (with some Adirondack magic for good measure), or experience the backcountry wilderness like never before!
Sabattis Gold Adventure is designed with three different paths (or "tracks") in mind to accommodate all types of Scout campers. Each program will be delivered by a group of dedicated adult volunteers supplemented by Sabattis Scout Reservation staff. Participants will camp together in a provisional Troop and need not attend with any others from their Troop to participate!
- Scouts brand new to Scouting or 12 and younger can sign up for the Trail Blazer Program. Trailblazers is the first year camper program. It offers opportunities for Scouts working on ranks up through first class. The program gives Scouts a feel for camp and how it operates and builds in them the enthusiasm to fuel their advancement.
- Scouts 13 and older can sign up for the Abenaki’s Edge program and experience some High Adventure. The perfect adventure for any older Scout or crew member ready to take their merit badge knowledge and experience out into the world of High Adventure.
- Scouts that are 13 years old and First Class can sign up for the Trail to Eagle program. Work with merit badge counselors that are comprised of professionals who volunteer to instruct the Eagle required merit badges. Plus a special presentation on how to select, plan, and complete your Eagle Service Project.